Friday, February 28, 2014

Early spring rain

I was ignoring my scarves in the beginning of the season. Like many of you, I go through phases in terms of dressing up. Last year was all about skinny jeans (waxed or leather-like texture) with ankle boots. This year I kind of went back to what makes me the most comfortable, shorts/skirts/skorts with tights and a bold scarf. This look is nothing new. You see loads of girls (or boys) sporting the same look over and over again yet we never grow tired of it (not I). This look is easy, fuss-free, classic and flatters any figure.
As winter starts winding down, the rain has returned as well. I must be the only person in the entire city who is wearing sunglasses in the rain. Hey, don't make fun. There is just as much harmful UV ray during cloudy days as on a sunny day. Must protect those precious eyeballs :)

H&M navy peacoat, Stella & Dot Union Square butterfly scarf, ASo tight, Frye riding boots and Rebecca Minkoff MAC bag
Judith Ripka ring (similar here), Honora pearl stud (here)
Have a wonderful weekend ahead. Thanks for reading lovelies!
"It's not the length of life, but the depth-Ralph Waldo Emerson"

27 comments:

Amy said...

You look wonderful! I love the mix of prints throughout your outfit. I need to follow suite and start wearing scarves more because I am cold all of the time without them!

Stay beautiful *

Unknown said...

This scarf is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful scarf! I seriously love how u make your outfits well coordinated with colors :)
www.speakstyleandrock.com

Unknown said...

Great look, wonderful scarf :)
Kiss
Paolo

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf! I'm not sure about skorts... still hesitating about this trend. Yes, I have also started to wear sunnies in winter, when travelling, whenever I feel like it. It adds glam and our eyeballs definitely need protection ;)

Mica said...

That houndstooth wrap skirt is beautiful! :) And of course, teh scarf! :)

I remember one year I hardly wore my scarves at all - winter was over before I realised I had half of them unworn! Last year I was very much a scarves person though, and will be again! It's true we do seem to cycle around outfit "themes" now and then :)


Away From Blue

Katies said...

You look Greate:)

Effortlesslady said...

Cool outfit, love your scarf!
effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

Vikee said...

beautiful outfit
you look so pretty

love Vikee
www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

Ana Vieira said...

such a beautiful scarf. love the colors :)


http://run-your-world.blogspot.pt

Sandra Martinez said...

Hi dear!! I really enjoy your blog, its amazing!!
Your style is so perfect :)
Come to see my new post: REALITY BITES
http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

Machachu said...

The scarf is really pretty! I love the colors & the little butterflies :) xx

♡ E.
http://machachu.blogspot.com

Style Servings said...

Very cute look, especially the scarf is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Love this look so much dear,perfect styling!!!!

www.plogstyle.com

Unknown said...

Love the colours in your scarf!
xoxo
Suzanne from written by suzanne

Unknown said...

I love the color of your outfit! They went perfect one another <3

A Very Sweet Blog said...

that skirt, scarf and jacket looks so good together.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

www.theskimplelife.com said...

Great mixture of prints. Looks amazing on you.

Hazel
www.theskimplelife.com

sepatuholig-Grace Njio said...

Love the mix print here... http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Thank you a lot :)
I really love your sunglasses and your scarf is great!
xx

Danielle Barbe said...

what a great outfit! i love all the print mixing! xo

his little lady said...

Loving this layered look for the colder weather. Just perfect! :)
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com

Jane said...

Very lovely outfit! You look superb!!
xoxo, Jane
http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

Svetlana said...

This look is really awesome :)
I like the scarf :)

Hugs
Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
Instagram // Faceboook

Ti said...

Amazing outfit :)

Stefany said...

Superb!
I love how you mix and match your outfit!

xx,
Stefany

Bárbara Marques said...

Your skirt is so awsome and trendy :)

http://mykindofjoy.blogspot.pt/