Thursday, February 20, 2014

Monochromatic

I normally love to dress in colours. Whether it is handbags, accessories, shoes or clothing. I love colours. However, when you got a shock over the weekend on the scale AND followed by your favourite skinny jeans could not fit (or bottom up), I frantically digged out all of my dark colour pieces out of my closet today. I blame the long "hard" winter. What can you do when it's dark, cold and wet outside? Food always makes you feel better (at least for me lol, or maybe makes me feel too good?) Anyway, bottom line is, I have reached my upper limit when it comes to my size. Unless I want to ignore the facts and get a whole bunch of new jeans that are a size to TWO bigger, time to actually do something about it before we have to shed all these layers in the warmer months to come.
Did you have any recent "wake up" call like I did? Please share so you can make me feel better :)

Balenciaga black motocycle jacket, Iroo dress with detachable belt (last seenhere), ASOS tights, Aso .pumps and Mulberry medium Alexa bag. Earrings are my new favourite from Stella and Dot (here, and obsessed)
Bow midi ring from Baublebar and Rosegold infinity ring from Gorjana
"The best way out is always through- Robert Frost"

19 comments:

Pearl in Fashion said...

Cute look darling! I love it!
<3
visit me soon on http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

ANDYSTYLE said...

great look :)

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

sonia // daring coco said...

Blah, yeah I know what you mean. I brought a pair jeans a size too big last year and couldn't be bothered returning them. Now they actually fit perfectly so obviously I put on weight LOL. I'll have to wait for the cooler months to shed it, summer makes me too lazy and unmotivated.

SDMxx
www.daringcoco.com

Constance Murphy said...

That dress is gorgeous and I love the jacket, you look beautiful!

http://www.mursway.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

You're not alone. We all definitely go through that. It seems easier to gain weight than lose it. I think you look wonderful! I love your dress and that leather jacket with it looks awesome.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

monica said...

Been there, I can´t wear some pants and I blame it on all the fast food and I have start cutting it and Im not buying new cloth, until the old one fits :)
Like your look :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic look dear!!!

www.plogstyle.com

Sarah said...

Thank you!I love your outfit! some kind of classy but new:)

Bárbara Marques said...

Loved to see you in this monochromatic look! :)

http://mykindofjoy.blogspot.pt/

Mica said...

You wear monochrome well with the mix of textures and prints! :)

And it certainly doesn't look like you've gained weight at all!

I find that winter it's harder to get out and be active so it is when most people gain weight, but all that shows is that you have a healthy appetite and you've eaten a lot of good food, hehe!

I did have a minor breakdown in front of my wardrobe the other day when a top I'd been meaning to wear no longer fits, but I'm not sure if you can blame that on the baby bump or the pregnancy weight gain. Could be both!

Away From Blue

Mrs C said...

For me age is the biggest enemy.. not that I mind the numbers, it's the lack of metabolism that bothers me.. have to workout, no other way. Anyway, you look great and you Balenciaga moto is to die for!

Mrs Jack Of All Trades
Dubai, UAE
www,mjoat.com

Am2Pm Chic said...

You look adorable & stylist. Love the mix of texture.
xoxo
Christy

http://www.am2pmchic.com/

Anonymous said...

The dress is very much my style, I could see myself wear it as well ;) The earrings are very pretty! Hope you're not going to lose one (as I did last night)!

Unknown said...

I hope not lol. It has a big clasp in the back!

Svetlana said...

I really like the outfit :)
The dress is so cute and amazing :)

Hugs
Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
Instagram // Faceboook

Corinne said...

I totally know that feeing - I'm feeling very frumpy lately too! I've been to the gym so hopefully the exercise will help!

I love the dress!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

Such an adorable outfit, I love jacket and dress!!

Delilah D said...

great outfit, love your earrings♥

Unknown said...

Great outfit! Beautiful jacket!

Have a good week!
vgolove1.blogspot.ru