Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Spring in January: floral skirt, pink top and Givenchy Antigona

While the east coast is covered with snow, the west coast (northwest) has been having a mild winter (so far). Today I want to channel my inner country girl vibe and pair this long floral skirt with booties. A touch of a bright lippy colour and sweater make the colour contrast more eye catching. I think all I need next is a winter hat to reminiscent that Taylor Swtift cool girl vibe, right?
Speaking of hats, I still have not jumped on board. My job requires me to be indoor so I just can not justify spending money on hats that I probably would only wear for a hour on my day off. What do you guys think? Should I invest or this is a trend that will pass? My Norwegian friend Anne Mari (her cool Instagram here) started a shopping ban challenge earlier this month and invited me to join. I have been good so far. In fact, I have managed to let go two of my bags (on consignment), The only "new" thing I am wearing right now are these cool ear pins I got from a Spanish seller off Etsy. This is such a cool concept and can I tell you they are so comfortable on the ears. Without the posts on the back,  I can sleep, shower or travel on the airplane. Check out her shop off Etsy (link below), they are made really well and gorgeous in person!

The Original Penquin down jacket, floral skirt and pink sweater gifts from mum, Sam Edelman booties, Givenchy Antigona small bag and Stella and Dot necklace,  Etsy ear pins and Etsy silver stackable rings


17 comments:

Anna and Klaudia said...

fantastic print!! :)

http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/
Like me on FACEBOOK

Mica said...

That pink top is perfect with the floral skirt! :)


Good luck with your no shopping ban too, always difficult when there are great sales like there are after Christmas! :) I haven't bought anything for myself this month yet though, have been spending more days with family and less time near the shops, which is a good thing for my bank account haha! :)

I do need to clear out some of my bags too, good on you for selling some! I need inspiration to sell, they are all sitting unloved in a box under the bed, but I still can't part with them haha.

Away From The Blue

Anonymous said...

I wish we had a mild winter this year but it's not the case... Love the pretty skirt it looks great with the pink top. I'm also on a shopping ban because I want to save for my upcoming trip to NYC.

I have received your lovely gift box! Thank you so much my dear! All the goodies are what I like; I will show them in an upcoming post. xoxo

Mrs C said...

Dubai is having a massive sale this month but I didn't even visit the mall. Cant stand crowd which means good news for my wallet! You look great and the bag is drool worthy!

New home : mjoat.com

Imogen said...

Really beautiful look. I love the pattern. Navy blue and pink together is such a gorgeous colour scheme.

FASHION TALES said...

A milder winter would be so nice at the moment. Your floral printed skirt has a cute boho countryside vibe that I love. Great outfit. Hope you continue to enjoy your weekend. Best to you with the shopping ban. <3 xx/Madison
Style Files Foodie Inspired

welovefur said...

I love this skirt and I love your blog. I hope you will like mine

http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge

http://www.welovefur.com

Marcia B. said...

wow I love that skirt!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

This floral skirt looks so pretty on you, and I definitely see the Taylor Swift vibe you are speaking of. I have the same problem when it comes to hats. I work 6 days a week, so I can only really wear them a day and a half of the week. But I think its worth buying a cute and affordable hat just to have the option of wearing one ;)

www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

Katies said...

Amazing look!:)

Kristina said...

Obviously, the bag is really good (all your bags are :D), but I also really love the skirt. It's exactly the length that I am really into at the moment. I love how it falls and drapes. :)

Vikee said...

Beautiful skirt
You look so pretty dear

Love Vikee
www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

Dorothy Bell said...

Oh my! That's a lovely outfit.
Love the floral skirt and the color of your jacket. And not to mention, the bag is a classic!
I think this outfit would look sexy with heels, yeah?

Daria said...

nice!
follow to follow?

http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

Beauty said...

Great look Kiwi; I'm loving that pop of color..

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

lovely skirt! what a find! I love it how you made tiny pink skirt details stand out with your sweater!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Willfully Elegant said...

Loving the pink with the floral skirt..very pretty!